Yes, it IS possible to reverse osteoporosis! The body wants to have strong bones. All we have to do is help the body do what it was created to do. Here are 10 ways to do just that!
1) Find a substitute for drinking sodas. Carbonated drinks acidify your blood. The body must then neutralize the acid so that your blood can function as it should, and one way it does that is by pulling calcium from your bones! It took me a year to give up soda completely, but I don’t miss it anymore. I now enjoy the benefits of drinking bottled water, ice water with lemon, and a variety of herbal teas. Once a week, I also enjoy a glass of Perrier!
2) Find a substitute for drinking coffee. Both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee deposit huge amounts of acid your blood, causing the body to rob your bones of calcium in order to neutralize the acid. In addition, caffeine puts a strain on the adrenal glands by causing a cortisol response–stress response– in the body. Instead of coffee, I enjoy a variety of herbal teas, often with tart cherry juice, lemon juice, or Beyond C powder for added flavor.
3) Reduce emotional stress from work overload. Remember: It is not how much work you accomplish during the day that makes you valuable. It is the LOVE with which you do whatever you do during the day. There is nothing wrong with doing less things, but doing them well. Doing something well is worthy.
4) Collect recipes that eliminate dairy products. Now, before you scream at me that this is impossible, let me say that a year ago I thought so, too. In fact, I used to cry at night because I missed yogurt and cheese so much. It may seem hard to believe, but I don’t even miss them now! It can be the same for you, if you substitute a positive Ph foods for these negative, acidifying products. (No, milk does NOT do a body good!) Check out my recipes for starters!
5) Increase stress to the spine and hip bones! Increasing stress to the bones tells to bones to build bone density. You can walk 30 minutes a day, rebound for 5-20 minutes, work out with weights, stretch and bend–it’s all good for reversing osteoporosis.
6) Let your plate celebrate the wearing of the green! Green vegetables, such as kale, collards, and broccoli, are high in calcium and help alkalinize the blood for better bone building.
7) Sleep 8 hours every night–or as close to it as you can. Why? Lack of sleep leads to that cortisol response in the body that we spoke of earlier. The body simply does not build and repair well when it is in tensed for “fight or flight”.
8) Take supplements as needed for healing and maintenance of body systems. Dr. Rogers has changed what my list of supplements as my recovery has progressed. Eight months ago, he had prescribed 3 grains of thyroid hormone (NOT Synthroid) per day, along with MedCaps T3* (from Xymogen), which “features targeted nutrients and herbs that support healthy hormone synthesis.” Last month, Dr. Rogers reduced the prescription to 1 grain of thyroid hormone per day, as my thyroid is healing. Other supplements have been added to the original list. I’ll update the list later this week.
9) Enjoy 20 minutes per day of direct exposure to natural sunlight. Not just your face and hands–we’re talking 50% skin exposure. It’s hard to do in winter, but where there’s a will, there’s a way. Direct sunlight helps the body to assimilate Vitamin D, which helps the body to build strong bones.
10) Most important: Take your own healthy food with you wherever you go! This country’s groceries stores and restaurants are simply loaded with enticing, enemy foods that are loaded with acid-producing agents that will destroy your bones, if you give in. Protect yourself by keeping friendly foods with you at work, at play, to parties, and even to restaurants! What to pack? Raw almonds, sunflower seeds, an apple, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, bottled water, and a package of herbal tea. It all fits in a standard, insulated lunch box. This emergency stash of positive pH treats has saved me repeatedly from giving in to the temptation to drink coffee or eat fried foods or sugary treats that would acidify my blood and cause bone decay.
The body wants to have strong bones. Working WITH your body, you CAN reverse osteoporosis, while improving your overall health and happiness!
Other Posts You Might Enjoy: