What say we revive the delightful custom of enjoying an afternoon tea?
Last week I hosted a tea party, featuring a variety of delectable teas and treats. My friends raved about the food and were pleasantly surprised to find that the dishes were good for their bones, as well as their waistlines!
Your afternoon tea party snacks might include:
- Herbal teas, fruit teas, and English teas
- Choices of sweeteners: xylitol and honey
- Fruits: Lemon wedges, strawberries, pineapple chunks, grapes, and apple slices
- Veggies: Stuffed mushrooms, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, celery sticks
- Dips: Almond butter in a fancy bowl for dipping, and Holy Guacamole!
I understand that afternoon teas used to be held at 4:00 in the olden days, but we ladies had to meet at 5:30 after we got off work. Despite the later time, we still considered it an “afternoon” tea, and we’re looking forward to our next party!