Jesus said that we are to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. But how do we do that? How do we “love” God?
First of all, we obey God. Jesus said, “If you love me, keep my commandments.” That’s the start. The more we obey God, the more we come to trust Him and love Him.
Eventually, if we stay in God’s company faithfully–learning more about Him and doing our best to follow His will in our lives–we’ll end up falling in love with Him.
These are the top 10 books that helped me fall in love with God:
1) Abba’s Child by Brennan Manning
2) Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller
3) The Love Languages of God by Gary Chapman
4) Illuminata: A Return to Prayer by Marianne Williamson
5) The Art of Trust by Lee Jampolsky, Ph.D.
6) Finding Peace by Charles Stanley
7) The Joyful Christian by C. S. Lewis
8) Smile For No Good Reason by Lee L. Jampolsky, Ph.D.
9) In Step With God by Charles F. Stanley
10) Pathway to Purpose for Women by Katie Brazelton