Here’s an intriguing article that my son sent me. According to reporter Ben Leach, researchers in Spain believe that the silicon and phytoestrogens in beer may be good for women’s bone health! Here’s the link if you’d like to read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6014310/Beer-could-stop-bones-going-brittle.html
As for me, beer will remain a no-no, in spite of these findings. According to The Acid Alkaline Food Guide, beer is medium-to-high acid-forming. As I follow the 80% alkaline/20% acid diet, I’d much rather eat my 20% acid in the form of grilled steak or oven-roasted turkey!
As for you, the choice is yours. 8)
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
- Article from SaveOurBones.com: “Latest Osteoporosis News ‘Decoded'”
- Quick Question: How Do Almonds Help Heal Osteoporosis?
- Reader Question: Where did you find the best guidelines for the alkaline diet?
- Article from SaveOurBones.com: New Study Reveals Big Pharma’s Bone Health Deception!
- Bread for Fasting…Ezekiel Bread