Every now and then, the effort to cook and eat only those foods that build strong bones and a healthy body can result in feeling sorry for yourself. You watch other people eating foods you know you must avoid, and you wonder, “Why me? Why do I have to miss out?”
Although you know deep down that healthy food choices lead to more energy and vitality, one dark thought leads to another, and suddenly you find yourself in the middle of a pity party.
The good news is that you can snap out of it! Try these tips for lifting your mood from the pit to the mountain top!
1. Step outside and get some fresh air and sunshine.
2. Remember that God will bring good out of every situation for those who love Him. (Romans 8:28)
3. Thank God for your blessings as you come across them during the day.
4. Sing a song of praise, or simply a happy song.
5. Do something kind for someone else. No matter how bad off you think you are, you have something inside worth giving to others.
6. Do one thing different. For example, eat with your “other” hand, park in a different parking place at work, eat breakfast for dinner or vice versa, take a bath instead of a shower, wear red instead of a more conservative color…the possibilities are endless!
7. Set a time limit. Say to yourself, “I will mope and complain for the next 20 minutes, and then move on to another activity.” Set a timer.
8. Spend time in a hobby that rejuvenates your spirit.
9. Note the ways you have made progress physically, emotionally, intellectually, or spiritually.
10. Start a good book, or watch an uplifting movie.
You’ll feel better soon!