Dr. Susan Brown of BetterBones.com recommends using a weighted vest to increase the effectiveness of walking as a weight-bearing exercise for building bone strength, especially for thin women of 114 pounds or less. My doctor recommended something similar: a bookback with a few heavy books inside. Nowadays, though, my I walk carrying one of my beautiful grandbabies, which is fun for both of us!
If you have a moment, take a look Dr. Brown’s informative article on the subject: http://www.betterbones.com/blog/post/Thin-women-and-hip-bone-loss.aspx.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
- Tips for Autumn Bone Health from BetterBones.com
- Article by Dr. Susan E. Brown, PhD: “Six ways to stop bone loss during the menopause transition”
- Are You Getting Enough Vitamin D from Sunlight?
- For better bones, visit BetterBones.com!
- View These Dynamite Videos on the Alkaline Diet from “The Better Bones Blog” by Dr. Susan Brown!