2 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
1 tbsp Xylosweet
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1-1/2 cups LiveActive cereal or Great Grains cereal
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Stir together nuts, Xylosweet, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon; set aside for topping.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon; set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, mix together cereal, applesauce, oil, almond milk, egg, and vanilla. Add flour mixture, stirring until thoroughly combined.
4. Spread batter in lightly greased 8″ x 8″ x 2″ baking pan. Sprinkle with topping.
5. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for about 28 minutes or knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with Earth Balance buttery spread… and perhaps a cup of cinnamon apple tea!