The creamy taste of this peach pie comes from bone-friendly almond milk, instead of bone-hostile heavy cream. A big hit with my family, this is one recipe you won’t want to miss!
You will need:
- Oven preheated to 400 degrees.
- 1 9″ pie pan
- 2 pie doughs for top and bottom crusts
- 2 large mixing bowls
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup of melted Earth balance buttery spread
- 1/3 cup almond milk (Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze brand)
- 5-6 cups of sliced peaches (The better the peach, the tastier the pie!)
Line pie pan with one pie dough crust.
Slice peaches into one mixing bowl and set aside.
In other mixing bowl, combine egg, flour, spices, honey, buttery spread, and almond milk. Stir until well mixed. Pour mixture over the peach slices. Stir and coat well. Pour into pie pan.
Cover with second pie dough crust. Crimp to close. Cut slits in top crust for steam to escape while cooking.
Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce to 325 degrees for 50 minutes.