I’m stocking up the freezer and the pantry this week in preparation for the 28-Day Diet to determine my Metabolic Function Index. Next week I’ll be shopping from the deli and the fresh produce section of the store.
In his book, Is Your Thyroid Making You Fat?, Dr. Sanford Siegal gives a long list of recommended foods on pages 137-157 for the 28-Day Diet. Here’s what I’m buying this week from his list, keeping in mind our alkaline OsteoDiet guidelines:
Beef, choice and select cuts, as recommended on page 137.
Frozen chicken (hormone-free)
Frozen cod, flounder, or whiting
Canned tuna fish packed in water
A dozen or so frozen meals (Healthy Choice, Stouffer’s Lean Cuisine Entrees, and/or Weight Watchers) from the list on pages 146-148.
Canned pineapple, packed in water or juice
Frozen strawberries, cherries
Frozen broccoli, peas, etc.
Butter-flavored cooking spray
Low-calorie Italian or vinaigrette salad dressing
Dr. Siegal also recommends a daily vitamin/mineral supplement. I take Twice Daily Essential Packets, purchased from Dr. Steven D’Antonio, my naturopathic physician.
As I mentioned, I’ll be buying foods from the deli and the produce section next week.
Only 10 days until our 28-Day Diet adventure!
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
- Day #10 of Dr. Siegal’s 28-Day Diet to Determine Metabolic Rate
- Cutting Back on Calories…But Not on Quality!
- Day #6 of Dr. Siegal’s 28-Day Diet to Determine Metabolic Rate
- The Daily Diet – Saturday, December 13, 2008
- View These Dynamite Videos on the Alkaline Diet from “The Better Bones Blog” by Dr. Susan Brown!