Here are my top 10 favorite alkalyzing, bone-building foods!
1. Water with lemon or lime. It’s great any time!
2. Tomatoes of all kinds–cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, and those big, juicy on-the-vine tomatoes.
3. Almonds, including raw almonds, almond butter, and almond milk.
4. Broccoli, especially steamed with tomatoes and sunflower seeds.
5. Onions. Saute them with garlic for flavor and an another alkaline boost!
6. Apples. You know the old saying: “An apple a day…”
7. Lentils. Lentil soup is both appetizing and alkalyzing!
8. Sweet potatoes. Yams, too! (No, they’re not the same thing. )
9. Greens, especially kale. collards, and romaine lettuce.
10. Grains, especially organic oats, rice, and quinoa.
I always keep these items on hand. Whenever I’ll be away from home for any length of time, I tuck a few of them of them in my lunch box. Then, if I get hungry, I’ve always got something wonderful to eat!